Trees can make a garden look beautiful, but they need to be maintained in order to retain their aesthetic appeal and good health. In addition, dead branches can potentially be dangerous if they’re not removed, and as contradictive as it may seem, trimming trees can help stimulate growth. Torquay is well-known for its beautiful natural landscapes, and it’s nice to reflect that beauty in your garden. However, unless you have the necessary skills to prune your own trees, it’s a task best left to the professionals.
Professional tree surgeons operating in the Torquay area can be found easily using online directories, and directories are the ideal search tool due to the fact that company profiles are often accompanied by customer reviews and ratings.
Arguably, the best time to have your trees pruned is around late winter or early spring, but it can be done at any time of the year. You shouldn’t delay such a task if your trees are overgrown or look damaged. This article will explain some of the main benefits of utilising a professional tree surgeon.
Taking Care of your Garden’s Health
As you already know, trees are a living thing, and that means you need to take care of their health from time to time. Just as importantly, having your trees trimmed can help make your garden look beautiful.
- Help your trees to grow – Professional tree surgeons employ pruning techniques that can actually strengthen the roots of your trees, stimulating healthy growth and making them more resistant to harsh weather conditions.
- Prevent and eliminate disease – We don’t often associate disease with plant life, but trees are susceptible to infections that can be spurred by dead wood. Removing dead and infected branches can help return your trees to peak health.
- Remove potential hazards – While it takes extreme force to completely remove a tree from the ground, dead branches can be weakened by strong winds, and that can make your garden dangerous. It’s best to hire a professional to remove these branches to avoid putting yourself in a hazardous situation.
- Improve your garden’s appearance – Some areas of a tree may grow more quickly than others, and that can change the growth habit of the whole tree. Pruning will help your tree maintain a natural-looking form, boosting the overall appearance of your garden.
- Promote fruit production – If your garden provides a habitat for fruit-bearing trees, pruning them will encourage the growth of spurs which will ultimately lead to fruit production.
It’s not impossible to prune or trim trees by yourself, but unless you have the necessary skills, training and experience, you’re better off utilising a professional. In addition, it can be a dangerous task, especially if your tree has an abundance of dead branches that could fall at any minute. Pruning doesn’t just make trees healthier and less dangerous, it also helps boost your garden’s aesthetic appeal.